Simplyweight Contest Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions [also referred to as the “Rules”] apply to all competitions, sweepstakes, giveaways or prize draws [hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”] run on any social media channel, email or Company Website by Simplyweight Ltd [hereinafter referred to as the “Promoter”].
Company number: 07094224
Registered address: 28a Kenburgh House, Manor Row, Bradford, United Kingdom BD1 4QU.
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION AND PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- By entering any Contest via social media (either by clicking through a social media link or applying directly on a social media channel), entrants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these Rules and all terms and guidelines applicable to the use of the relevant social media channels including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
These include the rules located at https://www.facebook.com/policies/pages_groups_events/# or by Twitter https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies/twitter-contest-rules or by Instagram https://help.instagram.com/179379842258600, dependent on which social media platform is being used for the competition.
a. By entering, entrants acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or any other social media channel.
- The Promoter is Simplyweight Ltd. and the registered address is 28a Kenburgh House, Manor Row, Bradford, United Kingdom BD1 4QU.
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or over. Contests are not open to any employees of the Promoter or any of their affiliated companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with the Promoter.
- The Promoter will disclose any 3rd parties including collaborating organisations, sponsors or affiliates [or “Affiliates”] if it applies to any Contest, prior to the Contest start date and subject to approval from the relevant Affiliate.
- Contest timings will be specified by the Promoter prior to the start of the Contest. No submissions will be accepted after the Contest deadline has passed.
- All Contests will be limited to one entry per person unless specified by the Promoter. Entries submitted on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
- User-Generated Content. Some Contests may require entrants to submit their own photos, videos, text or other content [hereinafter referred to as “User-Generated Content” or the “Content”].
- Entrants understand and undertake that any Content submitted to the Promoter will not infringe intellectual property rights, copyrights, registered or unregistered trademark or proprietary rights of any third parties and any applicable copyright and trademark regulations and laws.
- Entrants assume responsibility for the Content provided to the Promoter and warrant and represent that any Content submitted has been taken with the requisite written consent from any third party pictures or referenced if and where required by applicable law (including but not limited to video, audio, photos or any third party trademark or logos).
- By entering any Contest, entrants agree to legally permit the Promoter to display their User-Generated Content on the Promoter’s Social Media Channels or Websites (www.simplyweight.co.uk and others).
- If requested by the Promoters, entrants agree to provide a written legal release for the use of the Content in a form that is satisfactory to the Promoter. Entrants understand that the Content must not defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon legal rights.
- Entrants understand that the Promoter reserves the right to reject any submitted Content it considers in its sole discretion to be immoral, objectionable, libelous, pornographic, threatening, abusive, containing illegal content, obscene, profane or in violation of these Rules.
- Entrants will not submit or display logos or trademarks that are not their own.
- Entrants will not submit content including disparaging or offensive remarks relating to the Promoter or any 3rd party Affiliate(s).
- Grant of License. By entering the Contest, entrants grant the Promoter, its subsidiaries and Affiliates (the “Licensees”) a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, database rights and any other rights entrant has in the Entry, in any media now known or hereafter devised (including without limitation, the internet), without any compensation. Further, by entering the Contest, entrant grants Licensees the additional license to modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute the Entry (with the understanding that Licensees are under no obligation to do so), or incorporate the Entry into any form, medium or technology, including the right, at each Licensee’s sole discretion, to publish the Entry and to use the Entry for advertising and promotional purposes. Licensees shall not be required to designate entrant as the creator or author of Entry that is distributed or otherwise exploited by Licensees, or include any references to entrant on, or in connection with, any Entry that is distributed or otherwise exploited by Licensees.
- No purchase or entry fee is necessary to enter or win any Contest, however internet access is required. Purchase will not increase the chance of winning any Contest.
- Winning and Prizes.
- Winners may be selected at random or determined by a panel of judges from the Promoter’s team. The method of selection will be specified prior to the Contest start date and the Promoter’s decision(s) on winners will be final.
- Winners will be notified by a representative of the Promoter by Direct Message (DM) on social media, telephone or email on the date of announcement decided by the Promoter. Entrants are required to confirm acceptance of the prize within three (3) days of notification.
- Winners must be 18 years of age or older unless otherwise stated.
- Prize(s) are as described in the Contest details; no cash alternatives will be given. Prize(s) may not be sold, traded, transferred or refunded. Any and all national and/or local taxes (as per the regulations in the entrant’s country) are the responsibility of the winner(s). If for any reason winners are unable to use prize(s) within the time specified, the participating organisations are not responsible for providing replacement prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value. In the event of unforeseen circumstances or circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this promotion without prior notice. No prizes will be given in the event of a canceled or rescheduled event.
- Limitation of Liability
- ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SIMPLYWEIGHT LTD, AND EACH OF ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS AND PRIZE PARTNERS [HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS THE “RELEASEES”], FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OF DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE PROMOTER HAS NOT MADE NOR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED HEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, PROMOTER DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO PROMOTER’S WEBSITE AND PROMOTER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO.
- Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website or submit an Entry, vote, fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of entry information, whether caused by the Promoter, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit a participant’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry materials or votes that have been tampered with or altered are void. Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Contest at any time without notice, if in the judges’ opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Contest. In such event, Promoter may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award prizes from among all eligible entries/votes received up to the date of cancellation.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THIS CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING LEGAL FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Promoter’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Promoter reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest. Any attempts by an individual to access any website associated with this competition via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorised means will result in the IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.