simplyweight provides an innovative, specialist weight management programme with online and face-to-face support at Nuffield Hospital Leeds. This is a 100-Day Online Plan complemented by 12 weekly group sessions over a 14-week period.
Why are we different?
We have found that diets are generally unsustainable and don’t work in the long-run. People lose weight to begin with but almost always regain weight after they quit their diet.
It is important for people to understand the underlying cause for weight gain so that weight loss is sustainable. In order to do this you need support from a team of specialists who have experience in this field. Our sessions are designed by consultant physicians, dietitians, nutritionists, fitness trainers and simhappy experts.
These sessions will benefit people who are planning to undergo weight loss surgery and also help those who have had surgery to prevent weight regain.
This a rolling programme and people can join at any point.
Who can join this programme?
This programme is suitable for people who:
- Want to lose weight
- Have lost and regained weight
- Have weight related medical conditions like Type 2 Diabetes, PCOS, arthritis etc.
- Are planning for bariatric surgery or have had surgery and/or need aftercare
What is involved in this programme?
People who join this programme will be provided with the following:
- 100-Day Online Plan
- Weekly group sessions for 12 weeks
- Discussion on hunger, weight loss/regain and other topics.
- Evidence-based knowledge around medical weight management
- Help overcoming emotional eating
- Help lose weight by addressing different causes for weight gain
- Help deal with medical conditions associated with weight
This is an ongoing programme and people can always rejoin to maintain the weight they’ve lost or to continue losing weight at a healthy rate.
What outcomes can I expect after completion of the programme?
If you remain engaged with the programme, you are more likely to:
- Lose and maintain weight in the long-run
- Understand your metabolism, hunger pattern and fullness
- Understand reasons for weight gain
- Be helped with weight related medical conditions like Type 2 Diabetes, PCOS, poor mobility etc.
- Get support if you’re planning to have bariatric surgery
- Get support if you have already had bariatric surgery
What happens each week?
When: Sessions run every Wednesday for 12 weeks over a 14-week period with 2 separate breaks in between.
What time: Sessions are from 6.30pm-7.30pm followed by 30 minutes of discussion and Q&A.
The discussion will be run by one of the expert team of bariatric physicians, surgeons, simhappy experts, nutritionists and fitness trainers.
During the 30 minute discussion you’ll get support for the online plan but also have the chance to arrange appointments with consultant physicians or surgeons for more personalised support.
Where: Registration at Nuffield starts at 6pm in the meeting room on the 7th floor.
Car Parking: Car parking is limited and advance booking is necessary. There also roadside parking near the hospital.
Price: The price for the 100-Day Online Plan and 12 Sessions is £160 to be paid upfront. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01274739039
Can I join any week?
Yes, This is a rolling programme and you are free to join at any point. Our team will support you with understanding the 100-Day Online Plan.
I want to know more, how can I contact you?
If you need any further information, please see our contact details below:
Phone: 01274 739 039